What a year it has been! Although 2017 has been challenging for the Industry, the Association achieved the following highlights to name a few:
- In September, our Legal Aspects: Foreign Employees Seminar saw the Association bring together the Department of Labour (DOL), Department of Home Affairs (DOHA), Department of Trade & Industry (DTI) and SARS to address the challenges faced by the Industry when employing Foreign Employees. The outcome of the Seminar resulted in MBA North and DOHA collaborating to jointly roll out a programme to solve some of these challenges in 2018.
- We set up a well functioning Dispute Resolution procedure for your benefit, with an additional extension of a Mediation service offered by industry experts.
- In August 2017, a group of Emerging Contractors graduated from our Small Builders Development Course thereby increasing their chances of getting new projects and improving the quality of their work.
What do we have in store for you in 2018?
1. Making the most of your benefits:
As a member you have access to the following:
- Our professional Construction Health and Safety Officers, Our Legal & Contractual Manager and our Education, Training and Transformation Manager
- A network of experts at our information sessions and seminars (keeping you up to date on hot topics and current affairs within the industry)
- FREE Site specific safety induction training,
- 1 hour FREE legal consultation,
- FREE Skills audits,
- FREE Listing on the Association’s Website and in the Annual Directory with 6000 copies distributed
- TAX BENEFITS for Labour-only sub-contractors.
2. Reducing your costs and efficiency:
- Look out for our CHS compliance package that ensures you comply with the OHS Act at 40% less than market rates.
- While you get on with the business of building, we will take on the cumbersome tasks of submitting your Workplace Skills Plans and Annual Training Reports so that you are able to claim back your CETA Mandatory Grants as a Skills Development Levy payer.
- MBA North has partnered with a South African National Accreditation System (SANAS) accredited Rating Agency to ensure that members receive the best-priced BBBEE verification services. Please contact MBA North E_T&T department in order to obtain or renew your BEE Certificate, and receive professional advice on the Construction Codes.
- We also offer Employment Equity (EE) services such as the establishment of EE committees, meetings and training, company-wide EE planning and submission of EE reports to the Department of Labour.
3. Ensuring that you are compliant and developing your skills:
- We stock JBCC and MBSA Documents and provide Training on FIDIC, NEC3 and GCC Contracts (RECEIVE ONE SPOT FREE TRAINING for every 5 JBCC/MBSA Documents bought!)
- Look out for our new Supervisory Skills Training Course (Entry, Junior and Advanced Levels)
Our Membership renewals for 2018 will take place from 01 November 2017, and as a committed member we look forward to sharing 2018 with you.
RECEIVE AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT of LESS 2.5% when you pay before 31 December 2017 !
Click here to apply for your renewal
(please include company name and your membership number).[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]