A modular course for employees who are appointed as basic first aiders within their workplace, so as to comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act. The course is based on international emergency scene management standards in accordance with the latest protocols.
Who should attend?
All employees who are tasked or appoin ted as first aiders at their place of work. Any person who would like t o attain basic first aid skills. Care givers, teachers, events security and related personnel.
- ABET level 4 (Basic reading, writing and arithmetic). Method of instruction and training materials are in English.
- In certain circumstance, alternative languages will be catered for, but only by prior arrangements.
Models of 2-day course
- Introduction t o First Aid
- The Scene Survey – Emergency Scene Management The Primary Survey – Emergency Scene Management
- CAB – Emergency Scene Management
- Secondary Survey – Emergency Scene Management
- Shock Identif ication an d Treatment
- Bleeding W ounds
- Burns, Respiratory Emergencies
- First Aid Facilities, Kits and Accident repoting
- Electrical Shock
Cost: Member – R940 | Non Member 990
Click here to download more information