Director and shareholder of Marumo Green Projects
1.Tell us about your business or role.
I am the Director and shareholder of Marumo Green Projects
2. Can you share a few of the most memorable achievements in your career?
When our company achieved second runner up at Eskom Development Enterprise
3.How do you stay motivated? How do you keep your team motivated?
By setting myself targets and I motivate my team by giving them targets as well and give them bonuses based on archiving the targets
4. What advice would you give to other women considering the construction industry as a career choice?
I would say they need to manage their costs & implementation time of their projects
5. What has been the hardest part of your journey and what got you through it?
In my first project in construction, I lost a lot of money because my project manager was not managing the cost properly, I am still paying off the debt of that project.
6. How, if at all, has Covid impacted your course? What advice would you give to other businesswomen in a similar situation?
During the shutdown, we had to stop the project while still incurring projects costs, I would advise another woman to plan ahead to project a schedule and negotiate with the plant owners when a situation like this arises
7. What would you tell your 21-year-old-self?
Spend your money wisely and don’t get into debt because it will affect your credit in future