FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA – PROJECT NO EMSA-PR-019
Interested building contractors are invited to tender for the demolition of an existing house and the construction of a new residence for the Ambassador of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in Lynnwood, Pretoria. Project Number EMSA-PR-019. This is a re-tender of the project because validity of tenders previously received, expired due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
Shortlisted requirements to participate in the tender process:
- The contractor’s registered office address is required to be in the Tshwane Metropolitan Area as reflected in the company registration documentation.
- The contractor must have the necessary resources to successfully handle a project of the financial magnitude between R15 million and R30 million.
- The Contractor must be a member of the Master Builders Association (North) in the category GEC141 and 142.
- The contractor must have a valid tax clearance certificate.
- The contractor must submit a letter of good standing with the COID.
- The tender documentation can be collected from 2nd November 2020 until 5th November 2020 between 10h00 and 16h00 at the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Ethiopia on presentation of a proof of payment of a non-refundable amount of R1,000.00 via electronic fund transfer (EFT).
Payment details: Ethiopia Embassy; Nedbank; Hillcrest Branch; Acc 1602200807; Ref. Contractor Name
- Electronic copies of the documentation will be made available.
- A compulsory site visit and briefing session will take place on Friday, 6th November 2020 at 10h00.
- The address of the site visit forms part of the available tender documentation.
- The tender submission will comprise of a two-envelope system: Technical & Financial.
- Closing date for the tender will be 23rd November 2020 at 12h00 at the Embassy Consulate.
- The tender bid must be accompanied by a letter from a registered underwriting authority confirming that a Bid Security Guarantee of 1% (one percent) payable on first demand and addressed to the employer will be issued upon a successful bid.
- Technical Envelopes will be opened on 23rd November 2020 at 14h00 at the Embassy (Address below) in the presence of the contractors/representatives who choose to attend.
- Bidders must submit the bid in hardcopy as per the tender conditions in the bid documentation.
Address of the Embassy Consulate
47 Justice Mahomed Street, Bailey’s Muckleneuk, Pretoria