DECADES OF EXPERIENCE ARE THE FOUNDATION OF GAUTENG PILING’S SUCCESS
Gauteng Piling Submission
Long-standing MBA North member, Gauteng Piling, was founded by Nico Maas in 1996, former president of both MBA North and MBSA. A young team of construction contracts managers and engineers manage the company’s contracts in a proactive and efficient manner with Nico’s wife, Hettie, handling the administrative, and daughter, Eulalia, the accounting functions, respectively.
Although mainly concentrating on Gauteng operations, the company has successfully provided foundations for both commercial and residential projects in many other parts of South Africa and its neighbouring states.
Gauteng Piling’s expertise includes:
* Standard auger piling contracts;
* Specialised piling projects including pipe piling as well as friction piling; and
* Strengthening and securing existing foundations by underpinning.
Tight control on spending through rig and plant refurbishment rather than spending on expensive new equipment have ensured that Gauteng Piling remains a trusted foundation provider for so many years. Most of Gauteng Piling’s piling rigs are tyre-mounted allowing for quick site establishment and the rigs in the company’s fleet are recognised as world leaders in technology.
“Gauteng Piling’s refurbishment policy has proved most successful with our 15 auger rigs performing extremely well. Rebuilding is far less expensive than purchasing new units and this has enabled Gauteng Piling to remain competitive. Piling is a highly-competitive industry, calling for experience and the ability to adapt to change,” Nico Maas says.
The company – a Level 2 BBBEE contributor has – among more than 1 800 contracts already handled – some impressive high-profile projects to testify to its expertise. Examples include the foundation for Africa’s largest single-phase retail centre, Mall of Africa in Midrand; the expansion of Fourways Mall as well as several other major Gauteng shopping centres; and additional and challenging extensions to the Market Theatre complex in Johannesburg.
Among other recent projects handled by Gauteng Piling are:
* Stabilising a massive, gaping sinkhole near residences in Irene, Centurion;
* Forest Mansions apartment block in Bramley;
* Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) campus in eMalahleni;
* Capital Hotel in Mbombela; and
* Offices for the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) in Mahikeng.:
* The new luxury Tree Tops apartment block being developed by Tricolt in Houghton;
* Entrance and expansion of Cresta Shopping Centre in Randburg;
* Facility for diving rescue training for the University of Johannesburg’s Medical Rescue students in Auckland Park;
* Storage tanks of Coca-Cola Beverages Africa in Nigel; and
* Expansion of the Africa Floorcare warehouse in Alberton.
Gauteng Piling places strong emphasis on site safety and has already been among the winners of MBA North Health and Safety awards.
For more information, contact Nico Maas on email email@example.com or cell 082 651 8182 or visit www.gautengpiling.co.za