[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Project and Construction Management
JG Development Management was founded by Jaco Grobler with the purpose of providing project and construction management services to companies and individuals.
He has 26 years’ experience in project and contract management of various large projects varying from buildings, roads construction, structures, water treatment works, etc.
As General Manager he has been responsible for managing the daily activities of Gauteng Piling. This included tendering and tender documentation, resource co-ordination, project planning, pile design, etc.
As project manager he was responsible for various infrastructure development such as
- Greenfield township development for the relocation of people affected by Maguga Dam in Swaziland.
- Township developments,
- Construction of petrol stations for BP, ENGEN, TOTAL and SASOL,
- External roads and bulk services for malls.
- Residential developments.
As Engineer he was responsible for various roads project for SANRAL and GAUTRANS. He was the Contract and Project Administrator responsible for the ITS (Intelligent Transportation System) project on the Gauteng freeways.
As project manager for the Johannesburg Development Agency, he was responsible for the design and implementation of various projects in Kliptown, Soweto.
As resident engineer he has gained experience working in neighbouring countries such as Botswana, Zimbabwe and Swaziland.
Goals and Objectives
Working with a number of contractors it has become evident that all projects experience problems particular in terms of time, cost and quality. The majority of these problems can be eliminated or reduced significantly through proper management and control.
JG Development Management’s objective is to provide a service that will address the above-mentioned problems by being on site and not merely being office bound. A pro-active approach is required to address problems.
JG Development Managements’ goals are a as follows:
- To transfer years of experience and knowledge to others so that they are successful without the “growing pains”.
- To assist companies (construction and consulting) and individuals in the planning and implementation of their development or construction project.