- Global coronavirus cases show signs of stabilising, with over 152 million doses having been administered across 75 countries at a rate of 5.64 billion doses per day.
- The US Federal Chair Jerome Powell highlights that the US job market remains very far from a full recovery, with additional fiscal support required to support the economy.
- In Germany, the consumer inflation rate increased to 1.0% in January 2021 from -0.3% in December 2020, the first increase in seven months as the government reintroduced higher tax rates.
- South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa delivered the State of the Nation Address, outlying four priorities to support the struggling economy, rising unemployment rate and low business confidence.
- Global financial markets rally on vaccine roll-outs as coronavirus infections stabilise on hopes of additional fiscal stimulus from major economies.
Click here to download report